Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Escape

As I look out of my window at the driving rain, it's hard to believe that just over a week ago I was sitting on the beach enjoying near 30 degree heat. I don't want to say "I told you so" but....



Although it's something I've never done before I sneaked off on my own with just the camera and some hastily thrown-together lunch. I couldn't sit in front of the computer screen while the sun was beating down, knowing I would regret not enjoying this brief interlude before autumn. It felt very naughty but also exhilarating and reminded me just how lucky I am to have this on my doorstep.


As you can see, it was a busy day. I wasn't sure I'd be able to find any peace and quiet away from the crowds ;-)





Despite living about seven miles from this glorious beach I haven't set foot on it in far too long.
We visited regularly when we had dogs but since then, it seems to have been pushed to the back of our minds. What we were thinking?!





I always think if their intention is to put me off, it almost works but then I can't swim!