Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Tight(s) spot

Where has this lovely weather been hiding? We might be enjoying July in September but before we know it...BAM!!! It's February in October. That's the trouble with enjoying glorious sunshine this late in the year in Britain. We'll wake up one morning to a heck of a shock. So, I was going to postpone this post but then I thought "nah, we'll all be putting the socks, tights and boots back on in the near future".
About this time of year when pulling said boots from the back of the wardrobe I like to buy a few new pairs of tights. They're a fairly inexpensive way to zoosh up an outfit I think you'll agree? Except that I have expensive tastes as you'll see further down this post!
Here are just a few that have caught my eye while browsing mostly the net ('cause I hate schlepping around the shops) and high street stores in the last couple of weeks. I favour the thicker, woolly type tights or opaques so that's what you're getting a look at here. There's a great choice of designs and colours out there so something for everyone, no matter what your budget. So away with the suncream and out with the brolly!

Coloured crochet tights, available in six colours ~ New Look £5.99

120 denier tights, available in nine colours ~ New Look £4.99
All tights currently 3 for 2 at New Look so stock up!

Ditsy flower tights ~ White Stuff £15.00

Deidre net tights ~ White Stuff £8.00


White Stuff have some of last winters tights reduced to £5.00 such as the Circle Net and cable tights that I paid more for in their winter sale...grrr!

Stripey Witch tights ~ Accessorize £6.00

I actually wouldn't wear these but I thought they'd be great fun around Halloween!


Big chain chunky tights ~ Accessorize £12.00

LOVE these!

Organic cotton ~ Natural Collection £19.95


Available in eleven lovely colours (below). Expensive I know but I'm hoping they'll last more than one winter unlike a lot of tights I've bought in the past.



Cotton dot ~ Tabio £29.00 (gulp!)

Colour tights in 210 denier ~ Tabio £28.00

Diamond pattern ~ Tabio £24.00

Argyle ~ Tabio £20.00
For a great selection of quality tights I do recommend Tabio. Not cheap as you can see but if you can't find the colour you want there, you'll find it nowhere. They do opaques in 30, 60, 80, 110, 150 and 210 denier, as well as a great selection of patterned tights, socks and leggings.


On the net there's also My Tights and Tights Please where you'll find another huge selection from affordable names such as Pretty Polly to mid range such as Pamela Mann and higher end stuff like Wolford and Falke. I have found some of these cheaper by trawling the internet though
so it's always worth shopping around.




I bought these fab mustard coloured tights in H & M last week, £7.99 I think (love all the mustard appearing in the shops; very good for mixing in with the vintage btw!) but they don't appear to be on the website. It will be an easy colour to find elsewhere this autumn/winter I'm sure.