Wednesday, August 31, 2011

For the love of Granny


Coo, it's been a while. Time just runs away with you sometimes!

So. During the time of This Vintage Life one of the items that has remained consistently popular is the crocheted blanket, afghan, granny squares; call it what you will.
They always sell fairly swiftly and more than anything else, they're the item I get most requests for.
So just recently when sorting and organising my pictures for the website (we all have to do a bit of housekeeping from time to time, don't we?) I realised just how many 'grannies' have passed through my hands in four and a half years. And it's a LOT!

About the same time, I also had an email from a customer in Australia (Hello, Lynn!) who attached a lovely photograph of her cat reclining on the blanket she had just purchased from the other side of the world!

The funny thing is I go over them with a fine tooth comb to make sure they are hair and fluff free before I buy them...ho hum! Sadly, the picture has disappeared from my file so I can't share it here.

Anyhoo, here's a bit of granny eye candy. And this is by no means all of them!


















































































































Granny squares are very versatile....