Friday, April 17, 2009

Website news and summerhouse progress...well, a bit!

I've uploaded oodles of vintage goodies onto the website today including the items pictured here...

Solid oak shaker peg rail...


Chalkware Scottie family...

Shabby chic triple mirror...


Rosy knitting bag...



Gorgeous de Longpre rose prints...



and a pink whicker chair that I will find almost impossible to say goodbye to!


If you subscribed to the newsletter from my previous website you should have received your email by now. My apologies if you are a new customer to the new website because although this site is 'all-singing, all-dancing' in a lot of ways, one thing it doesn't have (strangely) is a built-in newsletter function so I'm having to install an external one and it's not going swimmingly so please bear with me a little longer. Ta!



I've made some good progress on my little summerhouse makeover as per my last post.



Although the easter weather here was rotten, I got most of it painted out although the floor still wants another coat (or two)


Of course, the best bit about doing over a room is the finishing touches so I couldn't resist even though it's still a wip!

I feel a summerhouse has to have bunting so I made this from (wait for it) a set of tea towels from Wilko! At £2.00 for five they're an incredible bargain and look like expensive deckchair fabric. My bunting consists of 10 pennants (two of each fabric) and there's lot's left over for other projects. I just used pinking shears for quickness (the least sewing I have to do the better..me and the machine have a testy relationship...) and garden twine threaded through the hem at the top so the pennants can be spaced out as required. I think it's rather jolly!

I made a curtain from a damaged embroidered tablecloth and added a vintage Union Jack (very de rigeur!) then painted the window frame in this lovely turquoise blue...




I handpainted the sign on a lovely old piece of painted wood..



and I was so pleased with it all that I couldn't resist taking this weeks stock photos in there!


Most of the things pictured here (but not all) are for sale on the website now or will be in the near future. The best bit about this makeover is that it's hardly cost a bean. I did run out of white paint and so had to splash out for some more but I'll have plenty left over for other projects. And I've got lot's of bit's and bob's around the house or up in the loft I can press ino service out there too so there's no cost involved in furnishing it.


Hopefully, I'll be enjoying it a lot this summer...if the weather ever improves!


My other half is on hols for a week now and although we won't be going away as we normally do(this young man's fault. Far too wobbly and incontinent to take away or leave with anybody else!) we should be getting out and about a bit.

Have a lovely weekend.