Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Mad men

With the Tour de France over for another year I was reminded of these pictures I took back in the Spring at the Lincoln Grand Prix. Not quite the same, although I'm sure to the men cycling it, no walk in the park!






Pink kit, pink bike! Why not?




These are all what I call 'roadie faces!'







The pain is tangible, isn't it?!




This chap has the right idea...I like his snazzy neckerchief.





This is the sort of thing you too can enjoy if you ride this race. The route is 86 miles and the riders do 11 laps of the circuit including Michaelgate which is not only a 1 in 6 climb but cobbled, just for extra fun.




The finish line...




The aftermath! I can only guess what's going through his mind...




And this years winner, a young man from Yorkshire called Scott Thwaites.




I have nothing but respect for anybody that can put themselves through such a test of physical endurance. Cyclists really are the fittest people on the planet.



Since taking up cycling, I'm fitter than I've ever been and have discovered muscles I never even knew I had, plus I've done things I didn't think I was capable of.



Still, as much as I love cycling I don't think I'll be signing up for a sportive anytime soon!