Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Feeling Christmassy...

...admittedly, I wasn't until a few days ago. I think it has something to do with the mild weather we've had throughout Autumn and into Winter. We haven't even had a light frost yet. Most unusual!
A few Christmassy purchases as well fetching our tree last Sunday has helped though...

Another box of baubles; can you have too many? I had to grab onto something when the dealer told me he had a thousand boxes at home (but had only bought one to the Fair, three weeks before Christmas!!) He's packing it in so wants to off-load his stock. I'm on it!

I have a few wreaths already so don't exactly have the room for any more but I couldn't resist this one made of Yarn when I saw it on Etsy. Quite a high kitsch rating I suspect but I still love it and at least it won't die!

Finally, a couple of Robiny things. I love Robins. It wouldn't be Christmas without them. This is the third button badge I've bought from here but I just had to have him. So tiny!

And a lovely old Huntly and Palmer biscuit tin that I bought to sell but I think I knew all along it was destined to sit on my dresser. I might just keep it out all year.

Now, I know these aren't Christmas related but I thought I'd show you anyway. I have a big soft spot for these Victorian religious paintings. Always so beautifully done...and the frames! Lovely words too. Some of them are a bit 'full on' for my taste.

And a couple more Vernon Wards for the collection. I know I've probably said this before but I must stop buying pictures. I'm rapidly running out of wall space. At this rate, I won't need to decorate the walls as there won't be an inch to be seen soon.

That's all for now except a reminder that I added the last of the Christmas bit's to the website a few days ago and also some new vintage stock. There's still plenty of time left for last Christmas orders though.
This weekend we'll be dragging the boxes out of the loft once again (is it really a year?) and decorating the tree. Maybe then, it'll really feel like Christmas. In the meantime, I'll be cosying up by lighting the fire and listening to all the lovely Christmas music here to get in the mood!