Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A tale of two tablecloths...



I feel cheated. Why? Slim pickings this week in the hunt for vintage. Swinderby had the usual problem - not busy and overpriced (although nice weather) and my usual Saturday morning at the car boot was a washout. Literally. It never stopped raining. All day. There were a few stalwarts there though but all I came home with was a little terrier for 50p. He has a very superior expression on his face. I know, it's tempting to call them all Stanley! He's been making himself at home since he arrived though...


Browsing in the library...





Meeting the ladies...


" Mr. Stanley to the telephone. Telephone call for Mr.Stanley"





Stanley, meet er...Stanley





(I'm in a funny mood today, can you tell?)
I got a few bits and bobs at Swinderby for the website so it's just a case of getting them on there now. I actually have so much stuff to add it's obscene! That's what I mean about feeling cheated, buying's like a drug! I need a fix! And when you don't come home with much... well, it's not the same. My favourite buy was the smallest - these french candle clips, but they won't be available until Christmas of course. If I haven't been taken away by then...




For quite a while now I have coveted the red polka dot pvc fabric from Laura Ashley for my kitchen table (when you have a cat that throws up hairballs everywhere, well...you know what I mean..you need something wipeclean). My CK one was looking decidely tatty.Everytime I tried to order it, it was out of stock. Finally, it was in again. I rang up. "It's discontinued" said the voice. "Grrrr "said I. "I'll just check if we have any stock left" said the voice. And did they? What do you think! I won't repeat what I said. To myself, not to the voice. I'm too well brought up for that.


So then I see a very similar green one in a mag from Dunelm Mill. "Oooh. I wonder if they do a red one" methinks. Well actually, no they don't but they had a green one very like the LA one. And it matches my cooking apple paint nicely and it was half the price of LA. There must be a lesson there somewhere...all good things come to those who wait probably.

I think I'd still rather have the red though...


I might have been having a bad week but things could be worse - I could look like this (I might for all you know. lol) Heavy rain doesn't agree with Betty. It gives her a bad hair day.