Friday, April 18, 2008

I've started so I'll finish....

It really is too easy to sit here reading other peoples lovely blogs and not do one yourself so I've finally taken the bull by the horns and dragged myself away from reading to actually writing! I did initially intend for this to be way of imparting news of my website (No! Come back!) but hopefully I can find a few interesting things to write about in addition to that. I know I'm not the only one potty about vintage! Having said that I am actually having a very mundane day with nothing exciting to tell you so I'll stick in some gratuitous pics to make up for that.







I'm hoping to get out and about next week as the other half has a weeks hols so the fairs and sales beckon! (car trouble just lately so tied to the house somewhat) If I'm lucky I might find some more of my favourite bits and pieces such as some more vintage childrens books (one of my many obsessions)
















Why is it that everything you find to sell you always want to keep for yourself? I suppose that's what comes of doing something you love ~ you can only really buy things you like can't you? I have some nice things to go on the website in the near future so if vintage interests you, you may like to take a look at http://www.thisvintagelife.com/. I would be very pleased to see you!








One of my lastest projects in the house has been changing the colour of this little shelf from white to red so I can use it in the kitchen. It was previously in the bedroom and no longer needed there. It's great finding an alternative use for something! It took four coats to cover up the white but it was done in a couple of tester pots so thrifty too! I love a bit of red ~ it really lifts a room. I much prefer it now and there's nothing like having an empty shelf to fill....What do you think? Be honest!










I must say, this is an odd feeling typing away, not knowing if anybody is reading it but if you (if there is a you) could join me here at some point in the future that would be exceptionally nice of you.










See you soon! D x