Monday, September 23, 2013

Nice to sea you...

I know, terrible title but it's late and I'm afraid it's the best I can do.

Slightly longer blogging hiatus than I'd  planned there (because I didn't really plan one at all) and
I could make all sorts of excuses of course but the plain fact of the matter is I've had a bad case of 'can't-be-arsedness'. Or to put it a little more delicately, a complete lack of inspiration and motivation.
It doesn't help matters when every time you try and start a blog post Blogger decides to b***er it up. I really am cheesed off with it and have neither the patience nor the inclination to spend hours and hours trying to get around the problem. Is it just me I wonder? Probably.

We've also been experiencing that strange phenomenon in Britain; a real Summer! I don't know about you but when the sun is shining, it's warm outside and I've been able to go without a pully for more than a couple of days, the last thing I want to do is sit and look at a screen of any kind but get out there and enjoy it.

We also lost our last little house dwelling furry in August. It really knocked us for six and everything else just seemed so pointless, at least for a time. I think we worked out this is the tenth pet we've lost and when the oldest living and laying hen (Betty was NINE this month) goes to the big eglu in the sky we ain't having any more. All too painful.
Even though Flo was seventeen she was only poorly for a week and then she was gone. This is the first time in twenty years we've had an empty house and that takes some getting used to I can tell you.

That was quite a list after all wasn't it? Back with proper posts soon (ish) and even some new stock on the website ~ remember that?

In the meantime, here's some pictures from our weekend when I suspect we were enjoying the last lovely days of summer. We took Moz for a tootle to Chapel St Leonards (or as I call it, Chapel Saint Lenn-aards just because I'm odd like that) where we enjoyed a curly-wurly ice-cream and a paddle in the sea. Simple pleasures.

english beach scene
 
shadows in the sea
 
english seaside and beach
 
white pumps on an english beach
 
beach huts on an english beach
 

Our little one-eyed wonder a couple of weeks before she left us