Friday, December 21, 2012

Bright spot

As the rains pours down yet again it's hard to remember if we had any summer at all. But there were a few days when it didn't rain, although admittedly not many. One such day was in July (on my birthday) when we visited Temple Newsam near Leeds. The house was interesting but it was the garden I enjoyed more, particularly the Delphiniums. I think I'm right in saying they hold a national collection. They were glorious and I was quite envious as I've never had much luck growing them myself.
I really hope we get to enjoy a few more days like this next year.














In the glass house were pelargoniums and fuschias grown as climbers...a new one on me but so lovely!


That's probably all from me this year. I hope you all enjoy a lovely Christmas and a peaceful and happy new year, although it looks like being a soggy one. Thanks once again to everybody that has made a purchase from This Vintage Life...this year. Times are tough for a lot of people and your custom is much appreciated.