Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Things that make me go oooh...


Nice treats and little things that cheer me up on dreary winter days...


Another recently acquired piece of uber-chippy furniture in my favourite shade of green...


My recent discovery, Lanolips. It's fantastic beacause it's cruelty free and you can use it for so many things. I'm keen on products like that, aren't you? I'm just about to treat myself to one of the lip colours too. Naughty!

You can buy it from here and also at Boots although it always seems to be out of stock there.





Letterpress love...I'm obsessed and have to stop myself from buying prints! I can indulge by buying cards for other people though. My Mum got this for her birthday last year and A's Valentine card is winging it's way here as I type.
I freely admit it's a complete change of direction for me. I'd never have believed I could let something so, gasp! modern and eek! non-vintage through my front door! But change is good, yes? And as long as I'm careful, I can choose things that will fit in with all the vintagey stuff.
I have a long wishlist of letterpress {and screenprinted!} goodies which I may share with you another time. Just take a look at
Etsy.

The lemon print was a birthday present for A last year. I loved it, knew he'd 'get it' and I had the perfect spot for it in the kitchen and well, we're fond of a G & T in this house. Thankfully, he loved it.


A lovely bargain cardi from Ness...less than half price in the sale and ...

I also couldn't resist the tartan corsage while I was there. I've had to visit York three times in a month {long story, won't bore you with the details} but suffice to say that is not good for the bank balance {Ness just one of MANY gorgeous shops} or waistline {morning tea at Bettys with hot buttered pikelets each time. Yes, really!}

I smile every time I walk into the room and see this sweet cushion that A bought me for Christmas. It's from here. Again, something new and not vintage!

It's almost the next best thing to having a real whippet/greyhound
and looks exactly like my Tara {see sidebar} used to look when curled up in front of the fire.



I do enjoy a nice cuppa but can't shake my reliance on the horrid white stuff {or in my case brown, but no better for you!} so I'm very taken with these teas from Teapigs. The caramel tea has to be tasted to be believed.






It's February. Things are starting to appear in the garden. It's a short month with a Valentine's Day treat in the middle and then it's March and that's Spring!


By the way, I seem to have lost my usual font colours. Not sure how that happened. The links are there, just not showing up!